It’s taken us a little bit of time to get things rolling around here, but it’s because we want to make sure we do things the right way. Things are coming together nicely and we have some exciting plans for the very near future. Immediately, expect some nice WordPress tutorials to be published over the course of the next week or so.
Starting right now we’re giving everyone a free WordPress blog setup. This isn’t a “limited time offer” or a “once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.” This is a service that we plan to offer for the long haul. If you’re interested, you can get started right away by clicking the grossly over-sized orange button. If you’d like to find out more about the service, read on.
We’re offering this service for two very specific reasons.
- We LOVE WordPress and want everyone to have it.
- Webhosting companies gives us a bonus when we refer new customers to them.
You see, this isn’t exactly an act of charity We get paid a little cashola when we send you to buy hosting from one of our partners. They get a new customer (you), we get a commission (from them), and you get a new website(from us)!
The cool thing about this service is that we’re not going to collect the referral money and then go do a “one-click” install of WordPress. That takes literally less than 5 minutes, and if that’s all you need, we’ll show you how to do it.
- We install WordPress – We use the old school method of installing WordPress that requires creating databases and uploading files and all that fun jazz. The reason we do it that way, is to keep your site more secure. There are little details we take care of along the way that will really make your blog less vulnerable to hackers.
- We install plugins – We install a series of WordPress plugins. We include all of the following plugins by default: Google Analytics for WordPress, WP101 (WordPress video training), W3 Total Cache, Image Widget, WP-DB Backup, WordPress SEO by Yoast, and Akismet. If there are any other plugins you’d like included in the blog setup, you can tell us about them when you sign up.
- We install themes – We’ll install the WordPress theme of your choice. We’ll only install free themes from the WordPress repository or premium themes that have been purchased directly from a reputable theme developer. There’s too much risk involved with installing themes from wherever online. Again, you can let us know the theme you’d like to use when you get started.
- We provide video training - With every free blog setup we include 17 professionally produced videos that will give you step-by-step instructions for using WordPress. The training videos are great for novice users and even people who have been using WordPress for a while. Even better, every time there’s a change in WordPress, the videos are automatically updated as well.
- We configure database backups for your site – We’d hate for anything bad to happen to your blog, so we schedule database backups to protect your posts, pages, menus, and other important settings. These backups don’t protect your photos and other files, only your database. You can check out one of our maintenance plans for better protection.
- We’ll add a logo to your site – Upload your blog or company logo to us and we’ll integrate it into your design free of charge.
- We provide free support – That’s right. For 30 days after your site setup, we’ll answer any questions you have about your new site. After that point, we’ll encourage people to sign up for one of our monthly maintenance plans for ongoing support.
That’s about as much free as we know how to do right now but we’ll keep brainstorming new ideas. Anyone need new shoes?
If you’d like to sign up now for your free WordPress blog, go sign up now. If you think this would be helpful to one (or many) of your friends, don’t be afraid to spread the word! We really appreciate it.
PS: We haven’t forgotten about our free 6 month Blogger VIP memberships. We have to make sure the winners can claim their prize. Winners will be announced soon.